Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Skirts




Hey the skirts are almost done!! all we have to do is sew the elastic. It took Mom and I 4 hours on Monday night to make 2 skirts, we made one for Maddi, Mo & Faith (Mom made Mo's on Saturday so she would know how to help me). It wouldn't have taken so long except that sometimes I would sew a whole seam and then realize my thread had broken, or I would sew the fabric to itself :) Mom was a huge help, I couldn't have done it without her, she took out some of the seams and helped me fix where I went wrong. I think I could do it again, I don't think that I will :) It is not my favorite past time, too many steps, although Mom did tell me I picked the hardest thing to start on because of the gathering and layers. I'll let you know if I decide to be creative ever again, and you can all discourage it!!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, these are adorable!!! I'm very impressed. Want to make two more??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them, and for all my complaing, I would love to help you make some or help mom make you some :)

    ReplyDelete